Sunday, September 14, 2008

Interview Articles

Just the thought of an interview is pretty stressful for me, so of course I was drawn to the atricle discussing ways to control stress. I agreed with the article when it stated that you want to be early, but not too early. I never thought about it that way, but I am normally so paranoid I show up 30 minutes early. That actually backfires on me becuase as the article mentioned I just sit around getting more and more nervous. There were a couple of visualization techniques in the article that I don't realistically think I will do, but I see how visualizing success might work for some. There were a few techniques I will keep in mind though, such as, not crossing my legs or arms and then always smiling and having a positive attitude. I know that many may assume to be frienly and smile, but at times I get so wrapped up in stress I forget.
Another article I read was making sure to thank your interviewers. This makes complete sense, but I have never thought to send a thank you note before. Even just an email would be better than nothing, just to thank them for their time. I however would rather hand write it because it is more personal, and my interviewers will be for elementary schools where I think it would be appropriate to be more personal. For large businesses and companies I see how a typed letter on letter head stationary would be more appropriate though. It is also nice to know there is no stress to be extremely creative. Employers enjoy any thank you note and are not too critical when it comes to what it actually said. I just need to remember to write it directly after the interview so they receive it before the decision has been made.

No comments: