Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Life in 10 Years

It is very weird to think about myself in ten years because that will mean I will be thirty years old! Yikes! But I do look forward to things I hope to accomplish in the future. I am currently a junior so hopefully I will graduate on time in about 2 years with my Bachelors Degree. My degree is in Elementary Education so I hope to teach 2nd or 3rd graders. I want to teach in Montgomery County, Maryland because that county has one of the best education programs in the nation. If all goes as plan I hope to get a job in this county right out of college. As far as furthering my education though, I do hope to get my Masters Degree in either Psychology or Counseling. I would love to be an elementary school counselor after I've teached in the public school system for a few years. Who knows, I might even be really ambitious and go for my Ph D in Psychology and be a professor and teach educational psychology. I'm not sure, we will just have to see where life takes me. On a personal level though, I would love to be married in ten years. I do want to be independent for a few years first, but I've always thought I would idealy like to be married between 25 and 30. I want to start having kids around 30, but I know my mom wants her grandkids as soon as possible. Before having kids though I want to travel to as many places as possible becuase I know once I start a family, traveling will be a little more difficult. A few places I'd love to go is Australia, Greece and Rome. This is what I have in mind for my future, but we will have to see where I end up 10 years down the road.

No comments: