Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mock Interview Reflection

I know that this interview was a mock interview and the purpose behind it was a learning experience to better prepare us for future interviews in the actual working world, but I was nervous. When I walked in I guess not knowing what to expect, or having no way to prepare for what questions were going to be asked because everything is unknown made it stressful. I simply took a deep breath and then took my time answering the questions. I thought about them before I started to answer so I wouldn't studder because I knew that would make me more nervous. As far as the questions asked, most questions did not throw me off. The only one that did was at the end I was asked if I had any questions. I quickly answered, "no" because I wanted the experience over because it made me so nervous. But, now looking back I realize I should at least have a few questions so that I show some interest in the position. I think it reflects positively on you if you are inquisitive. Now I know, next time I will prepare ahead of time for that. Overall, I did learn a lot from this mock interview. I know a little bit more about what sort of questions to expect. I also know that coming with a well prepared resume and cover letter is always a booster. I also think that knowing the company before going and using specific information to them in your answers is helpful as well. I think either way I will be nervous about my interview for my first teaching job, but I do think that this mock interview has helped me become more prepared.

No comments: